Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Evaporation, Condensation, Cloud, Rain.

I went with a friend to a thrift shop today and got a DVD player for 10 bucks. And the guy let us each have a pair of sunglasses for free. And my friend bought like 10 really good vinyl records for $13.

This is exciting. Not for you. I don't expect you to be excited. I should probably come up with better hook-sentences. Would you call those hookers? Let's not. I can't take that word seriously and I'm certain nobody else will.

I was walking around the park by my house last week and I saw something a little odd. There was this old guy walking around who was really scraggly but walked with far too much confidence to be homeless. He had some sort of a homemade walking stick with him, which was essentially a large metal pole you would find at Home Depot or something... with a child's sneaker stuck to the bottom of it. I don't know if this was some sort of twisted accessory, like the way girls put key charms of Winnie the Pooh on their cell phones, or if he was pretending there was a kid walking with him. Because the way he was walking with the stick it's like the little foot was actually walking alongside him. It was vaguely unsettling.

I'm sure I've written about this before, but my next door neighbors constantly blast music. Weird house music. I really don't give a flying fuck about them playing music... it doesn't inconvenience my life in any way... but the funny thing is, there never seems to be an actual party happening. I hear voices ("Everyone! She just admitted it!") but it never sounds like more than 3 guys talking. One day I want to go over there and see if a party's actually happening or if they're just a bunch of antisocial guys who try to fill the void in their life by playing really loud techno-y music. I am not that brave, unfortunately. I do, however, sometimes walk by their yard in my bathing suit to see if they're creepers. The fence between my yard and theirs is... whatever that's called... metal-link? chain-link? so we have a pretty good view of what's happening in the other's yard. They haven't tried anything so far so they might be okay guys. Or maybe they learned that anyone who looks at me while I'm wearing a bikini turns to stone.


Most awkward pool party ever.

So... Prop 8 overturned. Can I get a writhing-on-the-floor-in-sheer-giddiness?!

No comments:

Post a Comment